Monday 18 April 2011

What's next? You decide.

With Rumplestiltskin hot off the press and about to go online I'm looking for my next fairy tale to illustrate. I've been doing a some preparatory drawings for a few of my favourites but I just can't pick which one to work up first. Can you help? Simply click through to my blogger page (unless you are here already) and then leave a comment, tweet me or if we are friends on facebook you can also fill in the questionnaire there.


1 Three Little Pigs
I've been struggling with how to show the progression of the story in one image but think I've cracked it now with this little group of waistcoated pigs, each featuring patterns based on his preferred building material.



2 Dick Wittington
This is another story that I thought I knew until I looked it up and realised I'd forgotten nearly all of it. Obviously I couldn't draw it without showing the man himself and his red white hankie and the bells that foretold his future.



3 The Princess and the Pea
Possibly one of the strangest fairy tales and for that I love it - why hide a pea? Why are only princesses able to feel it? Who has this much bedding to spare? A huge, wonky tower of matresses tells the story in this one with the creepy castle and stormy night providing the pattern



4 Puss in Boots
I love this dandy little chap, he is like a cat version of Russel Brand. Wikipedia tells us the morals of the story are "importance of possessing industrie and savoir faire and the virtues of dress, countenance, and youth to win the heart of a princess." How can you not like that!

Look forward to finding out which is your favourite!


No comments:

Post a Comment